Saturday, 2 March 2013

But I've come to this.
You wake up one day and people worry about not having enough money for their bills, they have serious health problems, others lose their jobs. Some have such personal problems and in the meantime they try bring you down by any means.To spill everything in the perfect life they think you have. Do you let them?

Well, I wasn't quite living inside a bubble until now, so spare your 'grow up, this is life' comments. But it's like the first time I realised that all this is happening around me, to people I know, people I care about. But. Do they care about me?

So you worry. And you cry. And you shout. And you try to stay happy for them, because you simply CAN'T collapse when you are the one supposed to stay strong. And you geet out of your way to help. But where is this thin line, where you are supposed to leave someone behind and continue your life? Who can tell you when you should care for your friend and when all this will turn back at you, as soon as they feel better.

And, at the same time, what is the definition of a 'friend'?

I wonder.

4 comments:

  1. A friend is someone who helps you progress in life. A friend is someone who does little things to help you grow into a better person. A friend is someone who never judges you. A friend is someone who changes with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me a real friend is someone who takes you back down to earth when you fly too far away with your pink cloud. And you can also trust that they will do that when it happens.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm broken at the moment but I'm getting on fine. I'm still nice, I think. I hope.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't expect your friend to be perfect. But help your friend to become perfect. That's true friendship. ~ Mother Teresa

    ReplyDelete