Wednesday, 4 December 2013

'Business' trip

I guess it's time to write down my memories from the symposium. So let's start from the top. Me and my uni friends decided to attend a Neurobiology meeting, one hour away by aeroplane, 7 hours by boat. Every one of us travelled differently, but we all managed to be there on time.

I had two days off so I took the chance to visit my family, get my bikini and legs laser(ed) and catch up with some friends.

Day 1- arriving
I went for drinks with my male friend, telling him to 'surprise' me with the location. So he did! We went to this underground alternative bar where it also happened to be a live this night! I was such a sucker for this, and even though I had to drink beer, I had an amazing night. The two bands were great and the place was such a great break from my usual ones down here.

Day 2- thursday
I had my beauty salon appointment and then went with my best friend to Wagamama for my favourite pad thai. We talked uni, relationships and random stuff and then rushed off to Zara and H&M, where I got this amazing cardigan (in black marl). Then I spent some quality time with my family and got ready for the symposium.

Day 3- first day of symposium
I woke up so freaking early to get to the train and travel one hour from my house to the event. I met my girl friends there and we all registered happily. It was a long day, with speeches and coffee breaks and got home really late and so tired.

Day 4- saturday
Same routine to get to the symposium, got there an hour early and drank a cappuccino all alone.. When the lectures were over, we all headed to my friends house for dinner. I ate so so much, but it was so good that I don't even feel bad about it. (Oh, and several people commented on me having lost so much weight, I feel like achieving a long desired goal!) At night, we got together for drinks in this molecular cocktail bar -interesting!- where one of my friend's boyfriend came bringing some of his friends.
And then there was him. A very cute but beautiful guy, wearing nice clothes. We all introduced to each other, and I couldn't be more relaxed -after the first drink. I didn't even think of getting to know him better (I don't know why) but we spent the rest of the night talking, laughing and making every one on the table wondering. I had to leave early though, Sunday was the last day of lectures, so even though he told me not to leave so early, he didn't ask for my number or anything. Leaving it at that, it was a happy surprise to meet someone that interesting to me.

Day 5- sunday
Last day of the symposium, not so interesting topic-wise. I had lunch with my family and then had a nap to make up for all the lost sleep during these days. So when I woke up, I found a Facebook request from the last-night guy! Where did he find me, as we had no common friends. I didn't ask though, I was happy enough that he tried to find me that it didn't matter. Sadly I was leaving early the next day, so we could not meet. We decided to meet for drinks when I get back. I went to Starbucks for a last chit chat and then visited my aunt and uncle.

The trip was ending and I was smiling the whole 5 days. Now that's what I call success.


3 comments:

  1. It sounds absolutely incredible. I'm so proud of you about your eating and lack of guilt. 'Last night' guy sounds good ;)
    Love you always,
    Emily xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely trip! And woohoo about the 'last night boy' haha :) the sweater is lovely. I'm so glad your weight loss is noticeable, congratulations! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete