Thursday, 25 December 2014

How to achieve your New Year's resolutions

I was recently searching this topic for my own new year's list and I thought I'd share with all of you. So, without further adieu, here's how to actually achieve your new year's resolutions this time.

1. First things first, you have to actually think about your resolutions. Don't just throw stuff in there. Decide what you will repeat this year (sorry, 2014, couldn't make it), and decide on a few new ones. Ditch whatever troubled you a lot last year if you don't really want to try for it anymore. There's no point dreading your goals.

2. Right.Them.Down. Make a list. Buy (or make) a calendar and divide your time in achieving your new goals. After all, you have twelve new months ahead of you!

3. Don't make a short list of huge goals. Make a list with many smaller goals. This way you can celebrate smaller achievements that will motivate you to keep going (or to buy that cute sweater as a reward).

4. Be realistic. Don't try everything at once. If you force yourself from the first day of the year to change your habits completely, chances are that your list will 'disappear' by the end of the month.

5. Be optimistic. Leave all your 2014 let downs behind. As Tumblr says, 'there's a new blank book ahead of you. write a good one' (cliche much)


I hope this post can help you make your own list in a week's time. Let me know if you have any other good tips! Until then, happy holidays :)

3 comments:

  1. Optimism is a blessing if ever there was one.

    / Avy
    http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com




    ReplyDelete
  2. Super excited to make a list after reading this one. I usually have one or two, but yeah. :) Really good, thanks for sharing! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These tips are great. I was just sitting down the other day making a list of things I want to accomplish in 2015. Now it is time for me to actually make a game plan to accomplishing those goals.

    ReplyDelete