I am sitting on my bed looking at this blank white e-page about five minutes now. My mind is scattered in all the places today. I've been feeling like this a while now.
Don't get me wrong, I am fine. More fine than some people would ever hope to be. My uni schedule is fitting perfectly to my needs, my body is seriously de-bloated and I've already gotten some compliments (although I don't see weight loss on the scale), I don't get dizzy any more and I am planning a trip to the UK (yes, again) with my girl friends in November.
So why is my mind flying away from all this? I've thought of an explanation. While being in overdrive mood and constant stress for a whole year now, I brutally stopped all this and now I don't quite know how to handle it. In short, 'I don't know how to be calm and healthy'. I am surely enjoying it at times, but it will take quite some time to settle in. I'll wait.
On another note, I have ordered a Macbook Air. I really can't explain why I did that. I mean, I've never owned a Mac before and I never thought of switching from a PC to a Mac. But my laptop has been acting weird for a year now, two formats didn't quite work and I am getting tired of dragging it around -you all know how I like to study at coffee shops. So I decided, back in July, that I needed a new laptop. Money isn't an issue really, I mean I have savings that allow me to be semi-independent in my every day life.
In my family, my parents were all about savings. I was raised with a motto that if you work hard, you get rewarded. It wasn't about grades, it was all about committing to a job. So my parents raised me without the idea of being spoiled, rather with the one that good things come to those who work their asses off. And I stand by that even today.
So having money in the bank does not mean I qualify (by my mottos) for a new Macbook and some new clothes and a new pair of shoes, etc. It means that IF I am in need of a new laptop, I can get the best one that meets my needs (those being the portability, the screen quality, even my fashion standards- why hide, a Macbook is a fashion statement as well). So yes, in a couple of weeks I will be all confused about how a stupid Mac works, but I'm sure I will love it once I get tha hang of it!
I have been listening to this quite a while now. I like it.

I really like the 1975. It is hard to accept that things might be going well for a change, isn't it? Just when things settle down, we anticipate something interrupting it. Conflict is interest, after all.
ReplyDeleteI don't know how to be healthy either, even though I'm not sick. I don't get happy people, how do they live with themselves?
ReplyDelete/Avy
http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com
♥
Hi! I just found your blog and, as I always do, I started reading your posts from the beginning. As I kept reading I started having this feeling that you are from Greece. Is that right?
ReplyDeletehello there, welcome to my blog! yes, I am from Greece! oh, my blog posts go so back in time!!
DeleteOh my god! I'm from Greece too! Σπουδάζω στην Θεσσαλονίκη! Εσύ που μένεις?
Deletewell, I try to keep a European vibe to my blog so it doesn't really matter. I'm from Athens though :)
DeleteSometimes it's hard for us to accept things going right for a change. We're so used to life shitting on us constantly that when things are calm and organized, we are looking for the madness around us. Congrats on the new laptop. I'm not a huge mac fan, but I'm sure you'll love it.
ReplyDeleteXOXO