Thursday, 20 December 2012

Oh, bloody h

I am finally home, after a really uncomfortable time I had at the airport, waiting for someone to pick me up. Okay, since last Sunday I suffer from Laryngitis (wikipedia info: is an inflammation of the larynx; it causes hoarse voice or the complete loss of the voice because of irritation to the vocal cords). Of course I had complete loss of my voice. You know, it's so frustrating not to be able to speak. Add that to a locked SIM and you'll get in what condition I was yesterday alone at the airport. I had a little fever too, so as soon as my parents found me sitting alone with my two suitcases, I burst into tears. A happy start to my holidays, right?

Did you notice my photo on my last post? I didn't want to mention it, but I will keep it up for a little bit longer so you can see. A month earlier I mentioned that I am about to have some kind of nose job. That means, I will fix the technical problems with my breathing, and then I will have it 'toned' (?). We're not going to crack any bone, but I will fix the look of it too, so it can be more lean and thin. It's pretty thick now, if you go check.
But, due to Laryngitis, the anesthesiologist refused to let me have the surgery tomorrow, so it will be postponed until next Friday. It's such a major setback though, because obviously I was prepared to have it now, and I wanted to celebrate New Year's Eve stitch-free. Moreover, I wanted to be able to go back home without having a bloated nose..

Anyway, we couldn't risk it, and I really hope everything will go (more than) well next week.




3 comments:

  1. Fuck laryngitis sucks! I've had it a few times. Worst thing ever to have when you HAVE to speak to customers as part of your job!

    Yay for having the breathing fixed! It's a good idea to wait until you're better for the surgery. You don't want any avoidable complications.

    Good luck <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry you are sick and that your nose job was postponed. I hope everything is a bit better now <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everything goes well while you're home and that you continue to get better. You'll rock the new year with a new nose, which will be awesome. Good luck hun.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete